Monday, May 19, 2008

Spring?

O.K. I know it's supposed to be spring and all, but it only quit snowing here the other day.
However, the past 2 days have been more like late summer, 85 degrees, a light breeze blowing,what a wonderful weekend it was. Well, at least the weather was good.
so I got out the hoses and sprinklers, hooked them all up to the ditch pump(about 400' of hose and 4 spinklers),then I put the suction hose in the ditch,and primmed the pump,at this point I
knew i should have left the sprinklers off the hoses when starting the pump for the first time,
but I didn't,and as a result, every rainbird got plugged up solid, The dirt was packed in so tight I had to disassemble all the sprinklers and dig the dirt out with a wire. You would have thought that I'ld learn from that experience,and turn the pump on Without the sprinklers on the hoses.
Wrong again, I promtly put the things back on the hoses and turned the pump on. Vuala the sprinklers again plugged up. well by this time I had had enough, I turned off the pump, walked into the house,and looked up the weather. What do you know, it's supposed to snow again this week. ( I can't imagine why it wouldn't be snowing in the middle of MAY ) So I'll let the stupid sprinklers sit there for a few more days. Spring is Great isn't it?

1 comment:

Denise, Walt Bresg said...

the weather has been soooooooo weird. 3 weeks ago we had snow, this last wekend we had 103 degrees, amd now its back down to the 50's. strange. love you honey