Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lightning

Have you ever had one of those days where you just can't get enough of nature? I Had one of those days today, Except it was snowing, Again, or Still, and cold, And I didn't have my raincoat with me, and then I thought of growing up in Washington, If you didn't do something cause it was raining and cold, you just didn't get to do anything at all. That's when I got up and went outside, watched the rain and snow, stood in it and enjoyed the moisture. Then I started to notice other things again, like the different colors in the pine trees, and the way the birds react to the storms, and then the Lightning came, it seems weird to have Lightning and snow in the same storm, But it made me think of the Awesome power it took to create the Earth. Anyway I love to watch storms. That is one big pluses to living in the Mountain Desert, you get to see the storms coming from a hundred miles away, and then in a couple of hours, they are on top of you. For those of you who have never experienced that, it really is exillerating.(is that spelled right?)
I really do Love the outdoors.

1 comment:

Annette & Ellsworth Curran said...

You made me think of the time we spent the night in your camper in the parking lot of your apartment and we had the worst lightening storm I have ever seen. It went on all night. I don't think I slept. Mother Nature is pretty powerful that is for sure.