Friday, September 9, 2022

12 years later

 So, in about 2012, I had enough of the sod farm, it was killing me. I found my way to a local truck driving job, delivering packaging to potato warehouses. I have been there 10 years now. It is a good company to work for.

In April of 2021, as I was driving along Interstate 84 in Idaho, there was a cloud of dust moving from a field and up onto the interstate, I slowed considerably, watching the trucks in front of me which they went through it with no problem. At 35 mph, I entered the dust, when I entered the cloud I realized it was anything but a cloud, trash and debris was spinning in circles, almost instantly I was hit by a twister like a freight train which promptly knocked my truck on its side. Thank the lord I had nearly stopped, so damage was minimal with no injuries. It did however total my semi. What a bummer it was nearly new.

No comments: