Monday, January 19, 2009

"The Treadmill"

So, I've got to Exercise, I approached the treadmill, Slowly,cause who knows what's groing on that thing, I've had it for 'bout 7 years and have used it very little. It's been collecting stuff ever since. Do you know how many clothes that thing can hold? you would be amazed.
O.K. the clothes are now gone, that took some time, and it's dusted off, I mean washed. It took a while to remember how to unfold the stupid thing, once that was done, i was ready to get on it.
I inserted the safety key, No Power, I checked the plug, the cord, the fuse, the outlet, and everything else I could think of, and just when I was ready to get a Hammer and Screwdriver, I noticed a power switch in a place there shouldn't be any power. I turned it on.... I was sitting on the deck, it started up and threw me off. yeah I admit it, that wasn't very bright. Stupid Treadmill. Now I'm ready, I start to set up the preloaded programs, Mountain trail, No not that one, Desert Trail, Not that one either, Canyon Run, Definately Not. So I picked the manual setting, It shows an oval on the screen, and you pick your own speeds and incline. I pushed start, It will start at 1 mph. I wondered if I could handle that kind of speed. well after about oh... 2 seconds, I realized I walk faster than that going to the Fridge, so I sped it up to 2 1/2 mph, that felt like a good warm up speed to me. Well after about 30 seconds that was getting too easy, so I raised the deck up to a 5% grade, Now I was working out good. I walked for what I was sure to be a half hour and started slowing to cool down when my wife says, "are you stopping already?" "Yes, the doctor said to get in 30 Minutes,and I don't want to get burned out on my first day" and she said "Yes but you've only been going for 5 minutes" I shut it off.
The next day I decided I needed to find something to make the time go faster. No t.v. near, just a blank wall and a Fish tank next to it, so I grabbed a book, Have you ever tried reading and walking on a treadmill at the same time? Well let me just say it requires hanging on to something stationary, and reding glasses. I got the hang of that, and was getting my exercise,and doing some reading too!, I read a couple of chapters, and my wife came in the room, " How long are you going to walk on that thing?", "The doctor said to go 30 minutes" I said, So she says,"well you've been on it for 45 minutes, You'ld better stop before you get burned out." I shut it off and took a shower.

1 comment:

Denise, Walt Bresg said...

too fuuny - when you have something to do the time definitly goes faster. I have a tv in the room mine is, but no reception so i wastch DVD's. I usually do about 45 minutes also. I am glad you are doing that, I am trying to get Walt to do it regularly too. Love you!!